Friday, July 4, 2008

Fourth session of painting Peach


In this installment I worked on the panel for about 3-4 hours, working on the muzzle mostly and trimming down the right side of her face. It had gotten a bit on the thick side, so I cut back into the face with the background colour. I also painted the pink on her nose, but ended up disliking it and wiped it all off. I struggled with the blaze, trying to keep the values close to the panel, by keeping the top part of it darker than down near the nostrils. Having waited for the eye to dry, I darkened the eye white to make it more orb-like, and darkened her scelera, which I had too light to start with. Surprisingly most of the paint had dried from my working on it the day before! The panel really sucks the oil out of the paint, helping it dry faster.

So I still need to paint in the ears, which will be light to correspond with the values on the panel, and work the forelock around the ears. I was wanting to let the mane dry some more before doing the forelock...we all know how long white can take to dry, and if it isn't totally dry, its like painting on glue or boogers.... The neck still needs to be trimmed down too to match the original design of the panel.

No comments: