Thursday, January 8, 2009

Not Done Enough



So many hours into this one! And I'm still not done. My neck and back are *done*...stiff and sore. My massage therapist Sarah is going to kill me! My enthusiasm for working on it is *done* for today. I have been working hard to get this one finished in time for the Calgary Stampede art show deadline tomorrow. I am so tired I am incapable of making anymore marks on it or consider any changes. I'm going to have to block in the grass tomorrow and do a few required touchups to adjust some of the values. I won't have time to actually *finish* the piece, but I will get the grass looking done, then I'll photograph it for my submission for the jury process for the show. This piece is probably more *done* than most artists would have done. Once it is photographed, I'm putting it away for awhile before officially deeming it done.

5 comments:

andrea said...

It may be *done* more than most artists would have done it but overworking is a hazard and great art is *never* judged by how many hours you put into it. That said, it is a FABULOUS piece.

Linda Shantz said...

It looks beautiful, Michelle. And I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who does that! (takes something to the point of what everyone else will accept as done in order to make an entry, and then finish it right later! :-D )

Michelle Grant said...

Thanks Andrea and Linda!
I took a break from the piece yesterday, I was so sick of it. I will work on it today though. I find it reassuring that I am not alone in the *looks finished enough* category Linda! Hahaha.

Unknown said...

Another stunner. You can see how much you love the medium. Yeah!

Patricia Getha said...

Michelle, this is a great image! I love it!